Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh, Baby!

Well friends, here goes: I'm Pregnant!!!!

Yessss!! Was it planned? Not particularly. Was it wished for and talked about daily? Absolutely. Is my hubby going to be the best Dad ever? You know it. And as for me, I'll be a great Mom. I already know it. I'm loving this little creature inside me, loving the little darling up. I picked it flowers, I sing it songs, and I tell this little light of mine about plans for his/her wonderful life. I'm ready for this ride, and I couldn't be more joyful.

Today, now, there are more important things in life than being Bipolar. I hope you have lots of these things. I have plenty of them around me, but now I have one inside me. So I don't feel so ill today, and though I can't imagine feeling depressed ever again now, I'm sure it will creep up again. But this time we're going to fight it as a team...two heads against one. I'm no longer a one woman army. I'm a Mom!

Thanks for all your supportive tweets and messages today. Thanks to my sister who reads this blog and is going to be an Aunt soon. Please send advice and vibes for a healthy 8 more months. And remember, whether we literally have one inside us or not, we all need to nurture our inner child....so go be a rascal! Rejoice!

3 Comments:

Woodrow Call said...

So very happy for you. It is the greatest blessing we can receive in our lives. As a bi-polar father of 4 (including 3 month old twin girls) always remember that one of the best things you can do for your child is to ensure you are taking care of yourself. Please let me know if you ever have any questions or "I wonder if"'s about the whole bi-polar parenting thing. At the very least, I can probably tell you what doesn't work well. Congratulations and Best Wishes!

gabby:Florida's Finest said...

CONGRATS HUN!!!!

Wandering Coyote said...

Wow! This is excellent news, Annie! Congratulations to you and your husband! This is very exciting. I can now live vicariously through you!