Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In The Beginning

You don't need to hear it from a doctor to know that you have a mental illness. If you think you might be a person suffering from a mental disease, listen to your heart and tune into the patterns in your brain. You might feel that your emotional center is always hurting, always wounded and crying in pain. You might recognize a change in your brain where ideas and events that used to make sense it all seems crisscrossed and mixed up now. If you are like me, you probably look around you and wonder how life, jobs, families, and friendships seem so easy and effortless for everyone else. This is the beginning of depression, and for me, the beginning of my mental struggle.

Where to go from here will be the topic of my blog. How to cope with daily life is a special skill we have to hone, and I will be sharing my daily struggle to defeat the disease, hoping it helps other people like me. Stay tuned!

0 Comments: